Careers at Ashburnham
|Job Purpose: |
Provides beverages by procuring beverage ingredients, condiments, supplies, and equipment; creating drink menus; generating revenues; providing social experiences and entertainment; satisfying customers; managing bar staff.
* Achieves bar operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to functional strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits; determining system improvements; implementing change.
* Meets bar financial objectives by estimating bar inventory requirements; analysing drink recipes; determining ingredient, labour, and overhead costs; assigning prices to various drinks; collecting revenues; controlling alcoholic beverage portions; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions.
* Plans beer, wine, and spirits drink menus by meeting with beer, wine, and alcohol sales representatives; interviewing customers and potential customers and others in a position to know changing preferences; anticipating trends in bar customer tastes.
* Provides bar supplies by meeting with sales representatives of bar suppliers; placing orders; replenishing stocks of glassware, paper and cleaning supplies, stirrers, condiments, wine and beer openers, ashtrays, etc.
* Keeps bar equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs; evaluating and purchasing new equipment.
* Maintains safe, secure, legal, and clean environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation and quality of drink preparation and service standards and procedures; conforming to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission; monitoring customers alcohol consumption; complying with the bar's policy of providing taxi transportation for patrons "under the influence."
* Maintains customer satisfaction by investigating and resolving customer complaints about drink/food quality and/or service.
* Maintains bar atmosphere by arranging bottles and glasses displays; encouraging team working; arranging entertainment; controlling lighting, background music, and video displays.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional and trade publications; establishing personal networks.
* Accomplishes organisation goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
To apple for the position please send your CV to
- Next >>